At Avonwood we feel we have embedded a strong ethos of encouragement and positive reinforcement in line with our behaviour policy. Children are rewarded for good and improved achievements, attendance and behaviour. All staff use the Avonwood’s rewards systems consistently across all year groups. Key Stage 1 – Rainbow chart, Key Stage 2 – Rainforest chart.
All staff are aware of their role and the working together ethos that we have at Avonwood to apply the strategies within our school behaviour policy. It is vital that poor behaviour is tackled effectively and consistently. Classroom teachers deal with unacceptable behaviour from children by setting high expectations and building relationships in a manner that is consistent with our school philosophy. We pride ourselves at Avonwood on implementing a number of effective methods and we feel have a very positive approach leading to outstanding behaviour.
Some of those effective methods are listed below:-
- Building relationships with parents to restore respect and emphasis home/school link
- Philosophy for praise and rewards through our rainbow chart, Rainforest Chart and Headteacher’s Reward shop
- Golden Assembly – celebration of achievements and Star of the Week certificates
- Nurture group – for those children who are identified as needing extra SEMH support
- Social intervention groups
- Lego group encouraging play therapy
- ELSA supporting those with Emotional needs
- Trained bereavement staff to support those going through difficult times
- Jigsaw curriculum followed by all year groups
- Weekly Jigsaw lessons looking for positive behaviour approaches for the week.
- Individual charts for those who need them meeting individual needs of the children.
Behaviour Charts and Documents :